Despite making goals for 2018, I didn’t make any January goals and therefore didn’t accomplish much of anything as far as goals go. I’ve kept SUPER busy cleaning and deep cleaning and having lots of play dates/date nights/mom dates to keep myself distracted from how pregnant and uncomfortable I feel.
So even though I didn’t crack into my 2018 goal list, I still feel like January was a productive month. We stocked upon items, made freezer meals, moved E to a new room, set up the nursery, washed lots of baby clothes + stuff, deep cleaned all the car seats and put them in the car, and figured out our birth plans + what to do with E while we’re having the babies and at the hospital. Plus I got in a lot of quality time with my sweet girl. Just look at that face!
Keeping them nice and easy since it’s going to be a crazy month.
1. Have some babies! If they don’t come naturally in the next few weeks, the doctors will induce on February 23rd. That feels FOREVER away, but at least I know they’ll be here by the end of the month. My OB is preparing me for the fact that it’ll probably be a C-section, which is totally fine because my birth plan is literally “get the babies out”.
1. Devotions 4x week. Nothing super challenging or time consuming, just reading a devotional to keep my focus on God.
2. Memorize 2 scripture. I found scripture cards that I printed out and laminated. They are short and simple and will also help me focus on God during the craziness of going from a family of 3 to a family of 5!
1. Journal 4x a week. Even just bullet journaling to get my emotions out.
2. Ask for help. I don’t know how to quantify this, but I tend to keep my emotions inside and then I explode and am a hot mess (usually in front of my husband). I want to get ask for help from him or friends/family before I lose my cool.
1. Playdates 2-3x per week before the babes come and 1x per week after they arrive. E tends to turn into a tornado if we’re cooped up inside for too long, so I want to make sure I’m getting her (and myself) out of the house.
2. Blog 8x total this month. I’m not going to try to do a certain amount each week, because I know when the boys arrive, the schedule will get thrown off. But I do have a lot of ideas and I want to grow this blog, which means putting in the time/effort.
**I didn’t set environmental or occupation goals because I know we’ll be in a little bit of survival mode while we adjust to two newborns. I don’t want to add the stress of trying to meet a certain $$ goal for Norwex and I’m giving myself grace.